Donnerstag, 25. August 2011


Schreibmaschinen-Schoner "TYP-FIX" - Kennt das jemand aus aktiver Nutzung?

Typewriter conserver
(protected by law)
For a beautiful, clean typeface
conserves the roller
conserves the typebars
conserves the ribbon
conserves the carbon paper
for a light, elastic type clack
for a longer machine life
prevents paper folding ("Rumpfen")
prevents "Ausschlagen" (cutting) of writing paper

Not to be confused with usual roller conservers
Does anyone know this from active using?


Ted hat gesagt…

if it's made of a felt-like material, it's probably a typeface cleaner sheet. You'd roll it into the typewriter, set it on the stencil-cutting setting and type on it to clean the typebars. I have a few old sheets of this stuff made by 3M in the USA.

Beat hat gesagt…

It is made of a heavy, rubber-like material. In school I had to use the identical product myself. It basically protects the rubber roller from being worn out early. On the other hand, if a platen has become uneven from many years of heavy typing, such a protector might even out the bumps, thus making the typeface appear cleaner.

Adrian hat gesagt…

Ich habe das vor Jahrzehnten verwendet. Polstert das Blatt, besonders nützlich mit Kohlepapier-Durchschlägen

Kommentar posten

Danke für Ihren Kommentar! Haben Sie Lust, mehr zu schreiben als einen Kommentar? Share fascination.
Thanks for your comment! Would you like to write more than a comment? Share fascination.
Es kann bis zu 24 Stunden dauern, bis ein Kommentar moderiert ist und erscheint.
It may take up to 24 hours until a comment is moderated and published.