Samstag, 2. Februar 2013

IX. Zurich Typehunt: Epic!

To mark the first day of ITAM, I visited a new thrift store for the first time: Brocki-Land Zurich. Just like Citroën-Garage, it was initially designed for car parking.

And this place is huge! It's probably as big as Citroën-Garage, but there's one check-out and not many independent sellers - everything is much better organised.

In a separate room, with a sign reading "Lamps", there's shelves full of printers, vacuumers - and electronic typewriters: 

A total of 10 wedges, most of them brother/M-Office.

At Citroën-Garage, the usual Royals have remained where they were last time. I was about to move on when I spotted the portable case lid behind them:

It belongs to a Continental! The portable was in great condition, and I think that Fr. 25 is a bit on the high side, but still okay for such a machine.

The Hermes Baby, with a much less adequate price tag, is still there...
As is the Horde - unchanged.

Also, the two electrics are still there - but their surrounding have been cleaned up.

But the biggest surprise is a diamant in a closed sub-store. I almost walked past it!

And I'm off to Hardbrücke/Salvation Army.


The four wedges have been joined by another electronic.

And, to my greatest surprise, there Triumph still found no buyer. That's odd!

4 Kommentare:

Richard P hat gesagt…

That Continental seems like a bargain to me!

notagain hat gesagt…

nice Continental! I would have taken it had I been with you.

Ton S. hat gesagt…

I echo Richard and Peter, the Continental is a steal!

Bill M hat gesagt…

I I were there that Continental would have been mine! No questions. No hesitation on the cost. That is only about $27.00 here in the USA.

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Danke für Ihren Kommentar! Haben Sie Lust, mehr zu schreiben als einen Kommentar? Share fascination.
Thanks for your comment! Would you like to write more than a comment? Share fascination.
Es kann bis zu 24 Stunden dauern, bis ein Kommentar moderiert ist und erscheint.
It may take up to 24 hours until a comment is moderated and published.